DUCRAY, A CLIMATE-CONSCIOUS BRAND
We are always looking toward the future. This is particularly clear in our social and environmental approach, through our Climate commitment: preserving our environment to preserve our health and well-being as much as possible.
Our initiative therefore has more global reach:
1. THINK "CO2 REDUCTION", FROM PRODUCT DESIGN
via a first active approach towards ecodesigning one of our flagship products, a European leader*
As well as 86% of our biodegradable treatment shampoos
2. REDUCE THE ENERGY REQUIRED FOR PRODUCT MANUFACTURE
100% of our products are manufactured in factories in France, which use renewable energies for 80% of their operations and recover 98% of waste.
3. INFORM CONSUMERS WITH ENVIRONMENTAL LABELING
- In 2011, we participated in environmental labeling in France: test phase underway as part of the Grenelle de l'environnement forum.
- In 2015, Extra-Gentle was selected to continue the test phase in Europe.
Since 2012, through our participation in a project to plant Acacia trees in Mali, we have been compensating for 100% of greenhouse gas emissions linked to producing the Extra-Gentle shampoo. This 20-year commitment also generates additional revenue for farmers, food for cattle and increased crop yield.
4. SHOW SOLIDARITY FOR THE CLIMATE AND PEOPLE
* IMS Health - Pharmatrend International - normal hair shampoo market in pharmacy - total of 6 European countries: France, Belgium, Germany,
Italy, Spain and Austria - MAT December 2014 - in volume and value.